Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Fantasy

Hi Everyone, Rene here with a fun and fabulous challenge:
Fantasy

I share my birthday with Hans Christian Anderson, writer of fairy tales! I've always loved stories, especially fairy tales and fantasy. The world of the imagination holds a fascination for me. Fairies and mermaids and other fantastical creatures intrigue me. I still love to read and now it is more adult fantasy, the worlds created by J.R.R Tolkien, Terri Pratchet and many other writers I must still explore.

Before I get totally carried away, let me introduce you to our magnificent sponsor this week:
Nikki Burnette.  Her amazing art is just a pleasure to work with and create new wonderful projects.

Nikki Burnette is a fantasy artist who paints all sorts of fantastical creatures in watercolor. Fantasy art is where her heart lies. She loves being able to escape the reality of our world for even just a few hours and enter a new fantasy realm where witches play tricks on Halloween Night, fairies fly around the sweet smelling rosebuds, and mermaids swim gracefully through the water with their dolphin friends. Nikki sells my original paintings as well as a wide range of different products that she creates in her studio.  All her artwork and drawings are original designs

Prize - winner choice of 3 digi images

Fantastic!
Let's introduce the fabulous DT Girls who had fun
creating some unreal pieces of art using Nikki's stunning images:

 Julia - Mermaid Stamp

Isobel - wolf Fantasy 

CraftyGirl - Dryad Stag Stamp Laina

Dora - Adeline
    
Rene - Fairy

We are also joined by some talented and inspiring Guest Designers

Caroline from Caroline's Scrapfun
My name is Caroline Harmsel, age 56. I already started I think 15 years ago with card making. Started with decoupage and then added embroidery on cards, but the last 8 years only scrap cards and colouring with my Copics. Which I love a lot. Nothing so relaxing as an evening colouring.
I lived my whole life in The Netherlands but 5 years ago my life took a drastic change. I lost my husband and my job and had to think my life over again. I decided to move to Egypt, because that was the land I loved a lot and also went always on holiday there. So three years ago, I packed my (hobby)stuff and moved to Egypt.  I'm currently living in Luxor, West-Bank, Egypt in a small village with my little chihuahua boy Jack. And I'm very happy here.  The only thing is, you can't buy anything for your hobby in Egypt. So every year when I go to Holland to visit my family and friends, when I come back, my suitcases are packed with new hobby stuff. But it does save you a lot of money! Lol! So that's a little bit about me. Thanks Team for inviting me for a Guest Designer place.


Vickie from HeARTful Stamper
My husband and I live on a farm in northwest Missouri. We have four kids and eight grandkids, which means a lot of photos to scrapbook.  I started scrapbooking in 1996 when I knew there would soon be an "empty nest." I was a reading teacher, but when I retired 11 years ago, I started crafting nearly full time and teaching adult-ed crafting classes at a local high school, scrapbook store, and with Close To My Heart workshops. Once I discovered the joy of making and giving cards, that became a serious passion. I've met some amazing ladies when I've been on three design teams and when I sell my crafts at local craft fairs.  My goal has been to encourage others to have a ministry of encouragement by sending cards and giving scripture crafts. 


Now it is over to you!
Show us your interpretation of Fantasy.
Keep in mind that our blog is child friendly.
We will have to remove your entry if it doesn't comply to that.
Most important, have Fantastic Fabulous Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Have I missed the post for the winner of the "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" challenge? I see the winners for the April AG goes challenge but not the Christmas one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGeeeee! Thank you Gail for this note! My post was sitting in DRAFT mode, I never hit PUBLISH. It's up now, so sorry for any confusion!

      Delete